Maintain Good Oral Health with Preventative Dental Care
Preventative Dental Care in maintaining good oral health and preventing oral problems
Teeth are a very essential part of our bodies that we should maintain throughout the course of our life. Good oral health comes from good oral hygiene, and good oral hygiene contributes to our overall health. It helps you become the best version of yourself. You can eat the right foods that help you grow, help you speak clearly, and give you the brightest smile that will make you look your best. That’s why we have a thing called Preventative Dental Care.
What is Preventative Dental Care?
Preventative Dental Care is the practice of caring for your teeth to maintain good oral health. It helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more. There are many ways that you can practice preventive dental care such as dental visits or daily practices you can do at home such as brushing and flossing. In fact, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends visits at the office on a regular basis determined by the dentist. Preventative Dental Care ensures that the teeth are clean, strong, and white. Children at an early age should also be taught proper oral hygiene.
Preventative Dental Care Services:
- Regular Oral Exams
- Routine X-rays
- Teeth Cleaning
Best Practices you can do:
- Brush and Floss Daily – Brush at least 2 times daily, morning and evening. Your dentist can recommend the best toothbrush and toothpaste applicable for you. They can also instruct you the proper way of brushing. It’s also best to floss before brushing your teeth.
- Avoid tobaccos or other smoking paraphernalia– Smoking can lead to dental problems or worse, cancer.
- Be cautious of what you eat– Be cautious of your sugar intake, carbohydrates, and hard foods that could damage or chip your teeth. Also remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Maintain a healthy diet – Vitamins are very important for oral health. Eating a healthy diet will help you gain the vitamins that you need.
What can Preventative Dental Care do?
Preventative Dental Care is essential to prevent dental problems later on. If you apply proper dental care you can prevent the following:
- Enamel loss
What are the benefits of Preventative Dental Care?
- Prevent oral health problems such as gingivitis, cavities, periodontitis, enamel loss and secondary problems caused by poor oral health.
- Early identification of dental problems
- Minimize treatment and cost
- Helps reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions. Diabetes, osteoporosis, certain cancers, and eating disorders can all have an effect on dental and oral health.
- Educate children about Preventative Dental Care
At Rightway Dental, we got you covered. Schedule your appointment today for Preventative Dental Care.